Sunday, April 12, 2009

What Great Love!

There is absolutely nothing in me, myself that would enable me to "be like Jesus". I can see His way is best, but I have no strength or power of my own that would enable me to overcome my old sin nature to walk with Him, His way. God's heart is so big. His love is so fiercely passionate toward us. He does work to save us to the uttermost. HE saw me struggling, frustrated, broken, and He made a way for me where there was no way. He came Himself, suffered, and died many times over before He ever reached the cross. Showing me (us) what it is to follow the Father, dying to self. Then He died on the cross, and broke once and for all the power of sin and death over my live (our lives).

He wrapped me... one who was dirty, naked, blind and deaf, in His robes of righteousness. He let me know that I no longer needed to "try to be", I could cease from my "dead works". Now I know that by faith I am made righteous by the blood of Jesus. By faith I see that I am grafted into the Vine (Jesus) with His divine dna being pumped into my earthen vessel. Therefore I am now empowered, by His Spirit living and working in me; to live, move and have my being in Him. He overcame it all. He dwells in me by His Spirit. The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead works in me. Therefore, I can now overcome EVERY thing that would hinder me from walking in His ways. I can now overcome every sin that once so easily tripped me up, and kept me down.

I am valuable because He values me, loves me. I adore Him, cuz He adored me first. :D I gave up "trying", to embrace what He is doing in my life. I stopped "trying", and began allowing Him to have His way. I stopped coming to Him as a beggar, and began behaving as tho' I believed what He said about me. I am His child, and He is my Papa. He won't withhold any good from me, and He works everything to my good. Now I watch for what He's doing, looking to cooperate with His plans and purposes.

"Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed that we should be called sons of God!"
1 John 3 Thank You, Abba, for Your great big love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment